Friday 13 February 2015

ROCK THE MOCKS

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, for a number of reasons. I rather bashfully must confess the main reason is my looming mock IB exams that begin this coming Monday (makes a pitiful cry and falls to the floor), and so when in doubt, (exhaustion, frustration, confusion and on the brink of near delirium) introspection, naturally, seems the way forward! This reflecting is really inevitable, especially when the AC chapter of my life is drawing to a close. This blog of course will always be my personal link to my time at UWC Atlantic College. Its unavoidable really, and if you want to find out why you can read my earlier blog posts, which is what I have been doing.

The duality of time strikes me as I mull over those initial posts. On the one hand, if I shut my eyes, I am put back into the Liechtenstein exhibition all over again and can see every stroke of the brush, but on the other, little moments documented in this blog seem like events of a past life. The odd two-way tug that I feel in my chest trying to piece, to put together the past two years has really made my head spin. Indeed, this blog itself is centred around time (you really have to read those blog posts if you are not drawing the connection) and there is a twinge of regret in my spine each time I think of moments and even minutes lost because they are not stored in some form, digital, written or even pictorial. 

And now it is a bit too late to change any of those mistakes and in the words of one of the pioneering English female novelist Charlotte Bronte: "I try to avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward." In summary, (precision of language is something I've come to realise I need to work on through my introspection) I am going to attempt to be more conscientious in documenting the last few months in my time at AC. 

Anyways, it's back to writing Physics notes for me! To end, here's a fitting and hopefully poignant quote from Einstein: "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.