Friday 27 December 2013

Takin' it Eeeaaasy

It's the Third Day of Christmas today. And for all of us students on vacation, here's a little task for our semi-conscious minds... What's the date of the this post? Ahh ahh no cheating by looking at the automatic date attached to this post by blogger. 

Not sure how long it took you but it took me a good minute before I figured out it was the 27th of December. I even had a massive internal debate over whether it was the 27th or 28th. Finally it hit me it had to be the 27th because the first day of Christmas is Christmas Day itself (25th).

Yes I'm definitely in 'holiday' mode, after all I went through all that to say this... I AM ON HOLIDAY as you probably deciphered a long time ago. It's currently my writer break which is a nice whole month. From the 12th of December to the 12th of January. 

Since the start of the holidays I spent a couple of days in London before heading back to the sunny island of Singapore. I can't believe I'll be back in Britain the Great in about a week. Time really does fly (what's the name of this blog???). It's been nice being back. Giving me a little bit of a breather after all that UWC. Not saying that I don't miss it... I do and I guess that's why I have been harassing a number of co-years. If such behaviour was to be translated into any form other than on Facebook, I think I'd potentially have a criminal charge for harassment and perhaps have a restraining order placed on me. 

Unfortunately, the one thing I have not been able to get away from, irregardless of a break or no break is the IB. I have just completed the first draft of my Economics IA and my second English Literature in Translation essay. Sadly I still have a reflective essay for Literature, History notes to complete and much needed revision for Mandarin left on my to-do list... Quite a mood dampener!

But I have been leading quite a 'balanced lifestyle'. I have been having my required 10-11 hours of sleep a day. And though it may seem sloth-like I think my seemingly lazy behaviour can be pardoned when one remembers the number of hours I have yet I catch up on after my time on campus. 

Catching up with friends and family has also been very enjoyable. Genuinely. Personally I think my closest friends are still the ones back here in Singapore. To me it's inevitable. The number of years I hae been lucky enough to get to truly know my local friends tragically can't be matched by the 2 years (despite the 24/7 time I spend with people on campus). Definitely I already have a couple of people who I feel I am really close to on campus and am sure our relationship will last for years to come, if not forever, but for the majority, I don't think that's possible - to have a truly deep and close friendship.

But that's one of the things on my list to try and do when I am back at AC. Getting to know my friends better. It might be a very short 2 years (less really when you think about all the holidays and breaks we have) but you know what they say, don't knock it till you've tried it! In this case how close I might find yourself despite the short time I spend with someone else. Who knows... Maybe many of the people I consider as friends will soon have a best attached in front of friend by the time I graduate!

But for now let's hear it for deep holiday philosophising aka idle procrastination! 'Today I don't feel like doing anything. I just wanna lay in my bed!' - Bruno Mars, The Lazy Song

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.